Member Resources: Social Needs
The Social Determinants of Health Department's main goal is to understand and help our members and the community. We work closely with Social Workers, Certified Community Health Service, and Field Outreach Representatives.
Our Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) team helps members improve their quality of life by addressing health differences and things like money and jobs that can affect their health, daily life, and overall well-being.
We do this by:
- Finding ways to help: We look for ways to make your health better.
- Helping you connect with community partners: We help you find people who can help when you need it.
- Finding places where people need more help: We look for places where more help is needed, and things people can do together.
Our Field Outreach Representatives focus on:
- Planning for Healthy Babies: Giving information and help after having a baby.
- Connecting you with community services: Helping you find things you need in your area.
- Health Risk Assessments: We look for things that could make you sick.
- Family Planning: Helping you decide how big your family will be.
Our Social Workers:
- Telephonic Outreach: We call to see if you need help.
- Social Needs Assessments: We ask questions to see what you need.
- Complex Home Visits: We visit you at home if you need us to.
- Care Plan Development: We make a plan to help you get and stay healthy.
Our Community Health Services include:
- Home Visits: We can visit you at your home.
- Community Events: We have things to do in your town.
- Environmental Assessments: We make sure your home is safe.
- Coaching Services: We help you with advice and support.
- Member Resources: Social Needs Form: This helps us learn about you.
- FindHelp: A tool to find more things you need.
- Community Connections Hotline: Call us at 1-866-775-2192 if you need help right away.
- Transportation Help: To schedule transportation Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. call:
If you have questions or need help with our Social Determinants of Health programs, please call our Program Coordination team at 1-800-504-8573. If you need to use a special phone, call 1-800-255-0056. If you can't hear or see well, call 1-800-255-0056 for help.