Inter-Pregnancy Care Services
Planning for Healthy Babies® enrollees who qualify for IPC services are eligible for the following services and benefits:
- Family planning initial exam and annual exam.
- Contraceptive (birth control) services and supplies.
- Follow-up family planning visits.
- Pregnancy tests and pap smears.
- Testing for STD(s).
- Treatment and follow-up for all STD(s) except HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis.
- Counseling and referrals to social services and primary health care providers.
- Family planning pharmacy visits.
- Vitamins/folic acid.
- Select immunizations for participants ages 18-20.
- Up to 5 Primary Care Provider visits.
- Limited dental services.
- Management and treatment of chronic diseases such as: high blood pressure, diabetes, and asthma.
- Prescription drugs (non-family planning) for chronic diseases.
- Substance abuse treatment including detoxification and intensive outpatient rehabilitation.
- Case management/Resource Mother Outreach.
- Non-emergency transportation (NEMT).
For more information about the GA Planning for Healthy Babies® Program, visit the Georgia Department of Community Health website. If you need help understanding any of this information call Member Services at 1-800-704-1484 (TTY/TDD 1-800-255-0056).