Planning for Healthy Babies®
Welcome and thank you for choosing Peach State Health Plan as your new health plan for Planning for Healthy Babies®. Peach State Health Plan offers you quality health care services and the personal attention you deserve.
Planning for Healthy Babies® is a program from Georgia Department of Community Health. Planning for Healthy Babies® offers no cost family planning services. The Planning for Healthy Babies program consists of three services:
- Family Planning (FP)
- Family Planning Only includes family planning services.
- Inter-pregnancy Care (IPC)
- Inter-pregnancy Care includes family planning and additional services for women who have delivered a very low birth weight (VLBW) baby.
- Resource Mother.
- Resource Mother is a case management service for women who have delivered a VLBW baby.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Planning for Healthy Babies®, enrollees must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or person with qualified proof of citizenship.
- Be a woman between the ages of 18 and 44.
- Be able to become pregnant.
- Be a Georgia resident.
- Meet monthly family income limits.
- Not be eligible for any other Medicaid program or managed care program.
If you meet the above requirements, you are eligible for the Family Planning component of the Planning for Health Babies Program.
If you meet the above requirements and have also delivered a very low birth weight (VLBW) baby (less than 3 pounds and 5 ounces) on or after January 1, 2011, you will qualify for the Inter-pregnancy Care component of the P4HB program.
If you currently receive Medicaid and delivered a VLBW baby on or after January 1, 2011, you may qualify for the Resource Mother component of the P4HB program.
For more information about the GA Planning for Healthy Babies® Program, visit the Georgia Department of Community Health website.
If you have any questions or need help understanding the Planning for Healthy Babies® program, call Member Services at 1-800-704-1484. If you are hearing or vision impaired dial TTY/TDD 1-800-255-0056.
How to Search Your Handbooks and Directories
- Open the handbook.
- Press Ctrl F to open the search tool.
- Type the word you are looking for into the text box.
- Press enter.