Planning for Healthy Babies®
Welcome and thank you for choosing Peach State Health Plan as your new health plan for Planning for Healthy Babies®. Peach State Health Plan offers you quality health care services and the personal attention you deserve.
Planning for Healthy Babies® is a program from Georgia Department of Community Health. Planning for Healthy Babies® offers no cost family planning services. This program includes:
- Family planning services.
- Inter-pregnancy care (IPC) services.
- This is limited to mothers who give birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds 5 ounces.
- Resource Mother.
- This is a case management service. The case manager will help mothers who had a baby that weighs less than 3 pounds 5 ounces learn how to care for their babies.
Who is eligible?
Planning for Healthy Babies® covers family planning services for women ages 18 – 44. These women:
- Must meet monthly family income limits.
- Do not receive Medicaid.
- Can NOT be pregnant.
- Can NOT be sterilized.
Women who have given birth to a very low birth weight baby (VLBW) qualify for inter-pregnancy care services. Women currently receiving Medicaid benefits are only eligible for Resource Mother Services. This is only if they have given birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds and 5 ounces.
For more information about the GA Families Planning for Healthy Babies® Program, click this link.
If you have any questions or need help understanding the Planning for Healthy Babies® program, call Member Services at 1-800-704-1484. If you are hearing or vision impaired dial TTY/TDD 1-800-255-0056.