Planning for Healthy Babies®
Welcome and thank you for choosing Peach State Health Plan as your new health plan for Planning for Healthy Babies®. Peach State Health Plan offers you quality health care services and the personal attention you deserve.
Planning for Healthy Babies® is a program from Georgia Department of Community Health. Planning for Healthy Babies® offers no cost family planning services. The Planning for Healthy Babies program consists of three services:
- Family Planning (FP)
- Family Planning Only includes family planning services.
- Inter-pregnancy Care (IPC)
- Inter-pregnancy Care includes family planning and additional services for women who have delivered a very low birth weight (VLBW) baby.
- Resource Mother.
- Resource Mother is a case management service for women who have delivered a VLBW baby.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Planning for Healthy Babies®, enrollees must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or person with qualified proof of citizenship.
- Be a woman between the ages of 18 and 44.
- Be able to become pregnant.
- Be a Georgia resident.
- Meet monthly family income limits.
- Not be eligible for any other Medicaid program or managed care program.
If you meet the above requirements and have also delivered a very low birth weight (VLBW) baby (less than 3 pounds and 5 ounces) within the last 3 years, you will qualify for the Inter-pregnancy Care component of the P4HB program.
If you currently receive Medicaid and delivered a VLBW baby within the last 3 years, you may qualify for the Resource Mother component of the P4HB program.
If you currently receive Medicaid and delivered a VLBW baby on or after January 1, 2011, you may qualify for the Resource Mother component of the P4HB program.
For more information about the GA Planning for Healthy Babies® Program, visit the Georgia Department of Community Health website.
If you have any questions or need help understanding the Planning for Healthy Babies® program, call Member Services at 1-800-704-1484. If you are hearing or vision impaired dial TTY/TDD 1-800-255-0056.
How to Search Your Handbooks and Directories
- Open the handbook.
- Press Ctrl F to open the search tool.
- Type the word you are looking for into the text box.
- Press enter.