Member Rights and Responsibilities
As a member, there are things you can expect from Peach State Health Plan. There are also things Peach State Health Plan expects from you. These are called rights and responsibilities. They cover your treatment, privacy and access to information.
We list some of your rights here. There are more. You can read the complete of rights and responsibilities in your member handbook.
Here are some of your rights as a member:
- Getting all services that we provide.
- Being treated with respect.
- Knowing that your medical information will be kept private.
- Being able to get a copy of your medical record.
- Being able to ask that the record be corrected if needed.
- Being able to file an appeal, a complaint or state hearing.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Asking questions if you don’t understand your rights.
- Keeping your scheduled appointments.
- Having your ID card with you at your appointments.
- Getting in touch with your primary care physician (PCP) first if you have a medical need that isn’t an emergency.
- Telling your PCP if you had care in an emergency room.