Quality Improvement Program
The Quality Improvement (QI) program is an important part of your Health Plan. The QI department supports Peach State Health Plan’s goal of improving member healthcare. The QI Program monitors the quality of care and services provided in the areas below:
- Making sure members get the care they need when and where they need it
- Making sure that members are receiving quality care
- Cultural needs of our members
- Member satisfaction
- Member/Patient Safety and Privacy
- Offering a wide variety of provider specialties
- Health plan services members are using
The quality improvement goals are simple:
- Improve the health of our members
- Improve Member and Provider Satisfaction
- Lower cost
To meet our goals we look at how well we are serving you each year. We also look for ways to do things better. This is what you told us in 2016:
- You like the care you are receiving and how we do business.
- You do not like the time it takes to get the care you need.
We work to ensure you get the care you need by looking at certain performance measures. In 2016, we improved in 21 measures. This means you are getting the care you need in those areas. We also need to improve in some areas like making sure our members with diabetes get the care they need.
If you would like more information about our 2016 results and our 2017 plan you can call customer service at: 1-800-704-1484.
Each year we ask you to let us know how we are doing, you can also let us know during the year by calling us or sending us a letter.
Our mailing address is:
Peach State Health Plan
Attention: Quality Improvement
1100 Circle 75 Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339