Planning for Healthy Babies
Benefits mentioned below are for Planning for Health Babies members only. Click here for benefits for Georgia Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® members.
Welcome and thank you for choosing Peach State Health Plan as your new health plan for Planning for Healthy Babies (P4HB). Peach State offers you quality health care services and the personal attention you deserve.
P4HB is a program from Georgia Department of Community Health. P4HB offers no cost family planning services. This program includes:
- Family planning services.
- Inter-pregnancy care (IPC) services.
- This is limited to mothers who give birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds 5 ounces.
- Resource Mother.
- This is a case management service. The case manager will help mothers who had a baby that weighs less than 3 pounds 5 ounces learn how to care for their babies.
Who is eligible?
P4HB covers family planning services for women ages 18 – 44. These women:
- Must meet monthly family income limits.
- Do not receive Medicaid.
- Can NOT be pregnant.
- Can NOT be sterilized.
Women who have given birth to a very low birth weight baby (VLBW) qualify for inter-pregnancy care services. Women currently receiving Medicaid benefits are only eligible for Resource Mother Services. This is only if they have given birth to a baby weighing less than 3 pounds and 5 ounces.
Peach State covers most birth control choices. Click here to view more information.
If you have any questions or need help understanding the Planning for Healthy Babies program, call Member Services at 1-800-704-1484. If you are hearing or vision impaired dial TDD/TTY 1-800-255-0056.