- Who is Peach State Health Plan?
- Who is Centene Corporation?
- What is Georgia Families?
- Who is qualified for Peach State through Georgia Families?
- Is my current primary care physician (PCP) in the Peach State network?
- Can I change my Peach State PCP?
- If I am pregnant, will I still be able to see the same doctor?
- How do I get a new identification (ID) card?
- What if I have had a major life change? How do I make sure Peach State and DFCS/PCK can always contact my family?
- How are you going to make sure members have access to good care?
- Will my benefits change?
- What are Peach State’s benefits and services?
Who is Peach State Health Plan?
Peach State Health Plan (Peach State) is a health plan participating in Georgia Families (GF). It is a managed care program for Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® members. We offer our members local healthcare programs and services. Peach State helps our members grow healthy and stay healthy. We provide access to quality healthcare.
Who is Centene Corporation?
Centene Corporation is the parent company of Peach State. To find out more visit their site at www.centene.com.
What is Georgia Families?
The Georgia Families program delivers healthcare services to members of Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids®. The program is a partnership between the Department of Community Health (DCH), Peach State and (2) two other health plans.
Who is eligible for Peach State through Georgia Families?
Most Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® members are eligible for Peach State. To see if you are eligible, click here to see the Georgia Families Exclusion List.
Is my current primary care physician (PCP) in the Peach State network?
Peach State wants you to have a doctor who will meet your medical needs. You can see if your PCP is in our network by searching our provider directory.
If I am pregnant, will I still be able to see the same doctor?
Yes, as long as your current doctor accepts Peach State. Remember that because you are pregnant you will have 2 doctors. One doctor is your PCP. The second doctor is your OB/Gyn. Your OB/Gyn will not appear on your Peach State ID card. Only your PCP will appear on your Peach State ID card. You can keep your current OB/Gyn as long as they accept Peach State Health Plan.
How do I get a new identification (ID) card?
To obtain a new ID card you can call Member Services at (800) 704-1484 TDD/TTY (800)255-0056. You will receive a new ID card within 10 (ten) calendar days. You can also print an ID card from our website www.pshp.com.
If you have had a major change in your life, your caseworker needs to know. Please call your local caseworker at the Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS). This could be a change in your:
- Telephone Number
- Family Size
Call the Metro Change Center at (404) 463-0039 or (888) 295-1769, and let them know. PeachCare for Kids® members can call (877) 427-3224. For more information visit: http://www.compass.ga.gov/
Peach State staff will help you:
- Change your PCP
- Teach you how to use your benefits
- Identify special needs
- Refer you to programs or resources
- High–Quality Healthcare
- Extra Dental & Vision Services
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
- Extra Incentives for completion of Prenatal/Postpartum Visits
- Extra Incentives for completion of Health Check screenings
- NurseWise: Free 24/7 bilingual health phone line
- START SMART for Your Baby: Program for pregnant women
- MemberConnections™: Outreach program that includes home visits
- FREE transportation. This includes doctor appointments
- Healthy Solutions: Asthma Program
- Free Translations services
- Script Assist-help line to assist members with questions about their medication and the side effects and risks
- Membership for Boys and Girls Clubs with no annual fee for members age 6-18 at participating clubs only