This tax season, Medicaid members (including Foster Care) will receive Form 1095-B from the Georgia Medicaid/PeachCare for Kids® Program. Members who receive their medical assistance through a CMO (Amerigroup, Peachstate, or Wellcare) will also receive this form from Georgia Medicaid/PeachCare for Kids®. This form is required by the IRS as a result of the Affordable Care Act.
The 1095-B is an information form. Just like a W-2 form, it contains information that is required for completing your taxes. Also, like a W-2 form, the 1095-B form will be provided to the IRS to show the months you had health insurance through Georgia Medicaid/PeachCare for Kids®.
In order to avoid possible delays with filing your taxes or with receiving your refund, it is extremely important for each member to make sure that DFCS has the latest address on file. The forms will be sent to your address on file as of December 31, 2016. If the information is not correct, you could be unable to file your taxes on time, which could delay your tax refund if one is due.
What is the 1095-B and why does it matter to Medicaid members?
- The 1095-B is an information form that lets each Medicaid member know which months during the previous calendar year (2016) he/she had health coverage. Individuals who show that they had the required coverage are not liable for the penalty imposed on those without such coverage. This information is also provided to the IRS.
- Georgia Medicaid Members will need this form to file their taxes beginning in 2015.
When will Georgia Medicaid Members receive their 1095-B?
- The forms will be mailed out during the month of January 2017. The last forms will be mailed no later than January 31, 2017.
- The forms can be downloaded via the GAMMIS Web Portal or from the CMO’s website.
It is very important for members to update their address as soon as possible. Members who need to update their address with DFCS can call 1-877-423-4746 or Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
Who will receive form 1095-B?
- Each person who has received certain types of health coverage through the Georgia Medicaid/PeachCare® for Kids Program in 2016.
- This includes persons who received their health insurance through a CMO and also individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Certain member categories will not receive a 1095-B. Those categories are:
- Medically Needy Spenddown
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMB)
- Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMB)
- Qualifying Individuals (QI1)
- Planning for Healthy Babies (P4HB)
- Presumptive Pregnant Woman
- Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA)
- Other Presumptively eligible categories
Is there anything that I can do to assist my Georgia Medicaid members?
- Refer members to the FAQs that are available.
- Direct Members to the correct resources.
Contact information you may need:
Social Security: 1-800-772-1213
Georgia Medicaid/PeachCare for Kids®: www.mmis.georgia.gov, 1-877-512-3129
Amerigroup Community Care: www.myamerigroup.com, 1-800-600-4441
WellCare of Georgia: www.wellcare.com/Georgia, 1-866-231-1821